The Wikimedia UK board has been putting together a budget for the next year (You can see this, and help with its development, here) and we have some money left over. We are looking for proposals for projects/iniatives with budget requirements in the range of £100-£3000 (GBP). These projects can be either online or offline, but they should be primarily focused on the UK and they must further the objects of Wikimedia UK (broadly, to collate/develop/spread freely licensed material).
The deadline for proposals is the end of this month (i.e. 0:00 UTC on 1 March 2010). You can submit proposals on our wiki.
The information we need to know is:
– What the project would be, in a paragraph of two
– What the benefits would be, again in a paragraph or two
– What requirements it has, in terms of a financial budget and any other resources. The budget should give a rough breakdown of what the money would be spent on.
– What volunteer time it requires, and how much time you can spend on the project. You would be expected to take an active role in implementing the project.
– Contact details – you should have a registered account on our wiki that we can send emails to (note that single-user login is enabled, so your wikipedia account will work).
You do not have to be a member of Wikimedia UK to submit a proposal, although that would be preferable (membership is open to all, so you can always join – particularly if your proposal goes forward. ). Preference will also be given to active Wikimedians, although that is not a requirement.
We plan to set aside a budget for smaller grants (<£100), which we will be calling for proposals for later this year.
Please get in touch if you have any questions, and please share this with anyone else that you think might be interested.